Thursday, March 25, 2010

Woke up and put on my poetry dress.

Haiku:

Dreamers gaze at sky
Clouds and hours drift on by
Tick tock- waste the clock

Sometimes you wake up and it's two hours past your deadline. You have either fallen asleep and now you've missed your friends birthday party, or a plane ride, or the sunset. Maybe we all just need to wake up. I was tempted to make the last line something like this - Sometimes false is sweet / or / False is sweeter. Describing that life is rough, and our dreams/daydreams are a ride in the park. Sometimes those seem better for the moment, until you have wasted two days on a past situation or a pretty flower… just watch out and be alert before the clock says tomorrow.


Here is a poem - wrote it this morning I think I'll call it - Lover's trick

The lovers of today
make running mistakes,
tripping and tricking all in the same place.

"Sorry's" are fluent,
spoken like air.
Changes not made, yet somehow they care.

But if true and honest love was found,
in your heart, it should abound
Up and over the all the tripping
Of past mistakes and translucent fate.

Love is more than feeling,
Definition stresses meaning.
No one said it's easy- still, do not let go.

Open your eyes, yet the sun may be bright.
Face the obstruction blocking the tide.

Sweeter it is when all is met.
Jumping the fence-
Tasting the quench.

Thank you for reading. It is a delightful day and I can't wait to say hello.

soon. cev.

2 comments:

  1. you are a talented writer, charity. love you... keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just discovered your blog. Inspiring! I am a singer also but haven't done so seriously in over 2 years. I guess it's maybe because I have 2 kids now and a house and husband to take care of. But I should do it for me, or else I go insane. You have inspired me to find some way to start again. Very talented Charity. Stop by my blog, maybe you can have a say in some of my writings, I've been very blue lately. http://www.simplelivingforall.blogspot.com I'm your follower now!

    ReplyDelete