Saturday, November 21, 2009

today.tomorrow.yesterday.


Situation: You, in today, although your mind isn't. Your mind is thinking about tonight. Why? because you are in class, and thinking about tonight is so much more entertaining.

Situation: You, tomorrow, coffee with friends, but your mind isn't present. Your mind is thinking about the next day. Why? because you have interesting plans that beg your mind to create expectations.

Situation: You, 2 years forward, in an open apartment, lying on the floor. You are reminiscing moments past that include all the moments you weren't really all in. Yes, your body was present, but your mind? your energy? was elsewhere.

I am noticing more and more that my mind isn't always in the moment, as i try and wish it would be. I am thinking about tonight and tomorrow too often, creating expectations and situations that more than half the time never come about. And it's not that we shouldn't dream, but I do it too often. I need to live now, never wish for tomorrow because every day is a gift. It's as simple as that. Today, whether I am resting at home, or tomorrow, in class, I want to be there. Fully, being my encouraging, bright- eyed person God made me. Because when you veer from today, you miss now, and end up always living for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment