Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Shadow

This is half free verse, pieces rhyme.. I was just in the mood to write something..

Forced to the ground by the sun's mite,
darkness was behind her
shaped like her, following her.
She was airy and carefree with every step
wandering down an unfamiliar avenue.
She knew something,someone was near.
A presence opposite of her own,
listening to more than her breaths,
hearing her thoughts, interpreting them
into a foreign language.
Quickly she fluttered away,
the spirit mocking her posture, her grace.
her thoughts turned chaotic,
her peace- nonexistent, as she turned in circles,
pulling her hair.
"You know my name, you hear my heart,
you follow me oh! so closely.
I've been fleeting your existence,shunning you face-
why? you still remain?"
She spoke to the air, no one was there
except the whistling breeze.
Over her shoulder she twisted her neck
with a gasp she screamed- "It's me!"


Tell me your thoughts.. and I'll tell if your interpretation matches mine.
-cev

1 comment:

  1. : )
    Nice work. That's a really cool blog entry. I like the imagery and I think shadows are interesting too! I like the "mocking her posture, her grace" part the most. Maybe I'll post something creative soon.. We'll see!

    ReplyDelete